23 Feb 2015

THE FIRST [whatever that is] IS ALWAYS THE DEEPEST

Today's theme: 

THE FIRST TIME


Sounds so wrong but feels so right isn't it? heh.

Whoa.

Hold your horses and calm down. im not going there. not even remotely close. Not even a tiny bit of and attempt to entice you there.

Instead, I'm gonna share the first time for everything, going places and such.

Let me start with my first ever experience travelling abroad.I still remembered it like it was yesterday. And come to think of it, the next 3 years would mark the 20 years since I first traveled abroad. it was in the late 90s and I was still this young chap eager to see the world. PLEASE NOW, STOP CALCULATING AND GUESSING MY AGE! Continue reading puhlisss.

Going gaga over Luton for whatever reason


When the university offered a study tour (nowadays the call it student mobility) to UK, I jumped with excitement and enrolled in it. Of course, to raise fund we organized all sort of activities and the highlight was fashion at Crown Princess Hotel (no longer in KL. it was located at the Tun Razak junctions near KLCC - the place to be and where the famous nightclub/disco was located.. forgot the name though. I'll let you know later).

Ok I'm digressing. huh.

Anyway, with sponsorships pouring in and stuffs we were able to fly to the UK. Mind you, there was no Airasia and being a normal human like me, I would not even dream of flying. I remembered the return ticket to the UK was about RM 9k close to 10k yeah. and there were 36 of us. it was 13 hours direct flight and God were we bored to our bones. I put on my modjo and flirt with the flight attendant just for the kick. haha.

In the UK, we stayed at Malaysia Hall before going to our host university, Luton University. If im not mistaken, it's 2-3 hours ride from Bryanston Square. While in the heart of Great Britain, we managed to cover the famous Shakespeare Village at Stratford-Upon-Avon and spend good one day there. Crossing the Hyde Park oh so many times that it became our rituals just because it was really nice walking. You dont get it here in KL because its hot and humid and before you know it, you'll drenched with sweats and stinks. Yuck. Whilst in London, the cold weather suit me just fine.

The team. We are TESL-ing!
Ok, Imma stop now. Perhaps in another entry I'll write more. Ciao bella!

[apekTRAVELS]

5 comments:

  1. wow! mahal sungguh tiket pegi uk zaman ko eh? almost rm10k tuuuu~ dgn duit byk tu skang mcm2 tempat boleh pegi. when was my first time travelling abroad? hmm...

    p/s: how old are you? ahaks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha mengada la john! this actually my early draft. smlm baru perasan x terupload lg. and i was supposed to write more. tp mcm x best pula sbb mcm membebel plk. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha membebel tu la yg buat orang nk bc lagi. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. sila bebel...
    eh
    terkomen
    kbai

    ReplyDelete